The Stampede

Student of the Week – Elijah Smith

Taylor Wilkinson, RHS News Reporter

This week’s student student of the week is Elijah Smith, a freshman this year at Rodriguez. Smith was picked by English teacher,Mr. Lovingier,  because he is always participating in class and the class discussions and is “always willing to help his group out when they are struggling.” One specific example that Lovingier really took note of was when using the vocab program Zinc. When completing this program, Elijah always strives to be on top. He also always gives a very positive energy to the whole class.

Elijah’s classes include Spanish One, Math One, Video Game Design, PE, English and Science. His favorite this year is English, primarily because his favorite teacher is Mr. Lovingier. So far, he is really enjoying high school! Smith thinks it is really fun mostly because all the students at this school make it fun. He manages all his school work in study hall before football practice and right before dinner in the evening. He suggests to get a bulk of your homework done in study hall before practice or as soon as you get home from school.

Speaking of football, Elijah is on the Junior Varsity Football team right now. Eventually, Elijah hopes to one day attend Oregon State University. After college, he dreams of becoming a professional football player with his current favorite team being the San Francisco 49’ers. Aside from football, he is also apart of the BSU club.

Between what he is accomplishing now and his bright future, Smith will continue to be a great student in the rest of his high school career.